Lead Engineer - TableauOlam International
- Visakhapatnam, Vishakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh
Olam International is a leading food and agri-business supplying food, ingredients, feed and fibre to over 19,800 customers worldwide. Our value chain spans over 60 countries and includes farming, processing and distribution operations, as well as a sourcing network of 4.8 million farmers. Through our purpose to 'Re-imagine Global Agriculture and Food Systems', Olam aims to address the many challenges involved in meeting the needs of a growing global population, while achieving positive impact for farming communities, our planet and all our stakeholders. Headquartered and listed in Singapore, Olam currently ranks among the top 30 largest primary listed companies in terms of market capitalisation on SGX-ST.
Olam Information Services (OISL) is a captive subsidiary of Olam International, Singapore offering IT Services & Global Business Services across its operations in 65 countries in Asia, Africa, EU & Americas. In Chennai, we currently have onboard more than 1000 highly motivated employees. Olam Digital has receivedInternational Innovation Award 2019 for Best Services and Solutions.
Olam Global Business Services (OGBS) is a captive unit that offersEnd to Endbusiness process and analytics solutions. OGBS currently offers its solutions in6 Platforms:Finance, Supply Chain, People services, Risk & Market Compliance, Big Data Analytics and Business Intelligence. At this moment, OGBS is located in City of Chennai, India and provides its services to over 20 countries. Olam GBS has received Best Shared Services in India Award 2019, by Shared Services Forum andAsias No.1 Shared Services in Process Improvement and Value Creation, 2019by Shared Services and Outsourcing Network Forum.Job Summary
Tableau is the leading Visualization tool that produces interactive data visualization products focused on business intelligence. Tableau is an enterprise analytical tool. The tool allows users to discover, filter, sort, and display data in many ways to meet business needs.
We are seeking a Tableau developer responsible for building high quality Dashboards usingTableau, SQL, and other latest technologies that are relevant to our projects. Your primary responsibility will be to design and develop sophisticated responsive Dashboards, Charts of our applications, and to coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the Analytics infrastructure. A commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality product is essential. Developer should be capable of using verity of technologies to build a highly optimized dashboards & Reports which satisfy the defined performance,
scalability, security, and testing requirements.Job Description
- Translate application storyboards and use cases into functional applications
- Develop Dashboards using Tableau, MSSQL, SQL, Python,Excel, etc
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable dashboards, code and documents
- Perform extensive software testing and stringent quality checks as per the QC guidelines to ensure an error free as well as optimum final product to the user
- Make changes to existing dashboards according to the feedback received from the end users or clients. In some cases, changes are also made in order to update the applications compatibility with the latest operating systems and related software tools
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to mitigate and address these issues
- Train the end user or client on the final product as well as providing technical support whenever required.
- Graduate/Post-graduate in Computer Science/Computer Applications with 6-9 years of experience inTableau Desktop 2019.x, 2020.x
- Strong knowledge of Visualization, Reporting and Dashboard framework
- Proficient with Microsoft SQL Server and general Database concepts, very good in SQL, TSQL, Python
- Experience in creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Must have completed at least 3 complex Dashboards end to end
- Excellent communication and comprehension skills, eye for detail, excellent knowledge on MS Suite
- Tableau Desktop Certification from Tableau will be an added advantage.
Olam is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, nationality, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Applicants are requested to complete all required steps in the application process including providing a resume/CV in order to be considered for open roles.
2 - 4 Hires