VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 350,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era/ A pioneer in the use of virtualization and automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
Our team of 20,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, teamwork, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today.
Avi Networks, recently acquired by VMware, delivers software-defined application services with intelligent automation and elasticity with multi-cloud data fabrics. The (VMware NSX Advanced Load Balancer) also includes an Intelligent Web Application Firewall (iWAF) and Universal Service Mesh to ensure fast, scalable, and secure application delivery. Avi Networks also integrates seamlessly with API driven automation and orchestration tools such as Ansible and Terraform. Avi Networks completes and enables enterprises digital transformation.
With Avi Networks now part of VMware, we can deliver the industrys only complete software-defined networking stack from L2-L7 built for the modern multi-cloud era leveraging a common architectural foundation. VMware will be able to offer both built-in load balancing capabilities as part of VMware NSX, and an advanced, standaloneADC offering that includes global server load balancing, web application firewall (WAF) and advanced analytics and monitoring.
Avi Controller Core Developer:
Avi Controller orchestrates the deployment of the Application Load Balancers across multiple data path entities called Service Engine(s). The requisition involves working in the following areas which aide the orchestration of Application Load Balancers
- Placement & Auto-Scale: Set of modules that work together to provision user configured applications onto Service Engines which perform the work of load balancing. Maintain High Availability for the applications by handling switchover/failover on demand. Elastically scale-out/scale-in applications based on user actions and/or auto-scale based on application metrics.
- SE Management Responsible for provisioning and interacting with the service agent module on every service engine. Maintain FSM to track the state of each service engine. Run heartbeats and health checks with the service engine.
- IPAM: This module provides IP allocation and management for applications and service engines.
- DNS: Provide DNS server functionality by managing DNS records for applications.
- State Cache: Aggregate distributed state for various entities in the system from the service engines. Efficiently aggregate, process and maintain this state for user visibility and for use by other modules on the controller.
Job Role and Responsibility:
- Architect, Design, Develop, and Test a Micro Services based distributed software platform
- Build & Maintain Scalable Policy management, Cloud Orchestration, State Propagation & Configuration Distribution systems
- Develop low latency and high performance solutions with fully automated test suites.
- Code in Golang/C++ for most of your day with a working knowledge on Python
- Take ownership of your design and development activity by resolving bugs found in unit testing, system testing and customer deployments.
- Work independently and effectively within and across teams
- B.Tech and/or M. Tech Computer Science with good academic record
- Good working knowledge of distributed systems, multi-threaded/concurrent programming and de-coupled architecture
- Strong algorithm design, problem solving and programming skills; you care about shipping clean, quality code
- Self-motivated, with ability and interest in learning new technologies and adapting quickly to new requirements
- Good software development practices design documentation, peer code reviews, writing good functional/unit tests
- Understanding of the fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Knowledge of Django, Postgresql, Redis
- Knowledge and experience with Cloud Platforms - AWS, Azure, GCE, OpenStack
- Knowledge of Microservices Platforms - Docker Containers, Kubernetes etc.
- Basic knowledge of networking.
Here is why customers love Avi!
Without Avi I dont think the platform would have launched or been as successful, quickly, as it has been because its basically fast tracking that ability to get into production, Crawford of Deutsche Bank
Due to Avis granular multi-tenancy, RBAC and user-friendly interface we can now provide access to this important infrastructure component for the vast majority of our support staff. This greatly reduces the time needed for customer issues to get fixed and get changes applied.
Stefan De Kooter, Network Engineer,
Appliance-based products werent meeting our needs, and as we evaluated alternatives, web application firewalling was our number-one consideration. We were pleasantly surprised by Avi iWAFs simple deployment, impressive ease-of-use, and intelligent security analytics, as well as the responsiveness of the Avi team. Joris Vuffray, Head of Network and System Mgmt,
We evaluated traditional and open source load balancers but they didnt meet our agility, flexibility, and performance expectations. They did not provide a model that was operationally viable. We wanted to provide the same dev/test environment capabilities to the development teams even in a production environment. Avi met all of these capabilities and added analytics on top! Nate Baechtold, IT Architect,
2 - 4 Hires